There are dozens of Farmers Market venues in the LA area, including the Original Farmers Market. Most of them are simply open-air markets that are set up by local growers to sell produce. The Original Farmers Market has food stands and gift shops, in addition to fresh fruit and produce.
Hollywood, Downtown L.A., Burbank, Pasadena
Hollywood Farmers' Market
- Saturday, 8 AM - 1230 PM, in Downtown Burbank, two blocks from Burbank Town Center.
- Thursday, 2 PM - 7 PM, at Chess Park in Downtown Glendale. Free parking (90 minutes) is available.
- Located about 7 miles from downtown Los Angeles at the East Los Angeles Civic Center on Saturdays from 9 AM to 2 PM. The organization also sponsors two more farmers markets, in La Puente and South Whittier.
- Billed as the oldest and largest open air market in Los Angeles. Restaurants, fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, fish, gift shops. Open every day, in downtown Los Angeles.
- Sunday, 8 AM to 1 PM, Ivar Avenue and Selma Avenue (between Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd). Fresh fruit and produce as well as baked goods and prepared foods. Also features street musicians, community organizations and free events (such as cooking demos, cookbook autographs, kids workshops, and family-oriented festivals).
- Saturday, 9:30 AM to 3 PM, in North Hollywood near the Red Line train station.
- Two locations year-round, and a third during summer months. Tuesday and Saturday 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, and on Wednesday 3:30 PM to 7:30 PM during summer months.
- Sunday 8 AM to 2 PM, near CBS Studio Center (and about 3 miles from Universal Studios).
Beverly Hills Farmers' Market
Beverly Hills and West L.A. area
- Fresh and seasonal fruits and vegetables, juices, breads, specialty items and more in a festive outdoor street setting. The market is located on Civic Center Drive, every Sunday, 9 AM - 1 PM.
- Fruit and vegetables, juices, breads, pastries, specialty items and more. This outdoor farmers' market is located on Main Street, between Venice Blvd and Culver Blvd, every Tuesday, 2 PM - 7 PM.
- Thursday, 2 PM to 7:30 PM, on La Cienega Blvd in Los Angeles (2 miles south from Beverly Center).
- Sunday, 9 AM to 2 PM, on Motor Avenue at National Blvd in Los Angeles. Features live music, free dog-sitting, pony rides, and a petting zoo. (Near I-10 Overland exit).
- The Helen Albert Certified Farmers' Market is open on Mondays from 9 AM to 2 PM at Plummer Park.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables, cut flowers, honey and baked breads. In addition, there are local arts & crafts, live entertainment, cooking demonstrations, and activities for kids. Every Sunday from 9AM to 2PM. 11338 Santa Monica Blvd (two blocks west of the 405)
Beach Areas around Santa Monica
Mar Vista Farmers' Market
- Sunday, 9 AM to 2 PM, on Venice Blvd in Mar Vista (near Venice Beach).
- Sunday 10 AM to 3 PM, in the parking lot of the Malibu Library.
- Saturday, 9 AM to 2 PM; Wednesdays during Summer, 4PM to 8PM. In Playa Vista (near Marina del Rey).
- features four events, two on Saturday and another on Wednesday, from around 8:30 AM to 1 PM. Sunday 9:30 AM to 1 PM. See the site for exact schedules. The Saturday Downtown event is located at the Arizona Avenue cross street of the Third Street Promenade.
You might also like:
Los Angeles Mini Guide
Mobile Application (Kultida Anekboon)
Photography Backdrop - Star Attraction Los Angeles - 10x10 Ft. - High Quality Seamless Fabric
Photography (Alba Creative)